View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Republican aide mistakenly sends racist email to wrong people
Doubting Thomas
http://www.cnn.co...index.html

I want to see how they try to spin this as not racist, or taken out of context, or whatever. Makes you wonder how much of this crap goes on that you never hear about.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

derF
Ohhhhh!!! There is going to be some serious tap dancing taking place on the right side of the isle over this little faux pas. Hee, hee, hee !Grin
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Bob of QF
Did you read the last paragraph? Apparently Tennessee has a record of previous similar racist cartoons... at least the Republican GOP'ers do.

Just the latest in a line of hate-speech remarks.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

derF
I had not read that far DT. Thanks for pointing it out for me!

Hypatia
This reflects my own thoughts exactly:

Forrester, in his Web posting, said, "Ms. Goforth does not seem to understand what she did wrong. She has apologized for 'sending [the e-mail] to the wrong list of people.' I believe that any list of people would have recognized this e-mail as offensive and hateful."

RayvenAlandria
I agree with Forrester and was baffled as to how the aide thought her only mistake was sending it to the wrong people.

derF
That doesn't strike me as the kind of mess a supposedly well educated and highly placed employee would inadvertently allow to occur.

Bob of QF
derF wrote:
That doesn't strike me as the kind of mess a supposedly well educated and highly placed employee would inadvertently allow to occur.

I was thinking that myself.

Either they wanted the message out there as is, or someone was thinking about sabotaging a political career.

I could see either strategy.

The latter is obvious. The former? There are any number of closet racists out there, and the politico may have seen this as a message to the "true believers" in his constituency. By utilizing his aide as an "accidental send" he has plausible deniability, while allowing the message to be sent anyway.....

Are politicians this dastardly? You betcha. Some of'em can see Alaska from here... <eyeroll>
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: