View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » LGBT
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Catholics Still Trying to Exorcise 'Gay Demons'
Hypatia
Only this time there's a question about whether the 'exorcised' was of legal age of consent or not.

http://www.breitb..._article=1

And of course, if it wasn't for the church, this kid wouldn't even think he needs 'help' because of his sexuality.

derF
Contrived.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Moronic!:upsetw:
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
I don't think they were Catholics, it appears to be some small storefront "church."

http://www.youtub...9v2uk99o2E
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 06/25/2009 22:00
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
Ooops. The article I posted said it was a Connecticut church as well, which I read, and I can't remember now where I got 'catholic'.

Eh, Connecticut, catholic, they're all about the same in the end. Pfft

Still a bunch of horseshit.

Sorry 'bout the mistake, folks.

derF
I am reminded of those evangelists that flit around the country with their tents and pretend to cure people they have planted in the audience of conjured illnesses, injuries and moral shortcomings. And then the patients/victims/sufferers always miraculously find a cure or a path to health or salvation in their dealings with their evil illnesses, violations or moralities. Yawn.

Bob of QF
derF wrote:
I am reminded of those evangelists that flit around the country with their tents and pretend to cure people they have planted in the audience of conjured illnesses, injuries and moral shortcomings. And then the patients/victims/sufferers always miraculously find a cure or a path to health or salvation in their dealings with their evil illnesses, violations or moralities. Yawn.

Funny you should mention that: last night, I was limping home in my broken truck (1st gear only-- top speed reduced to 20mph) and as I was using the less traveled roads, I happened past a huge tent.

'Tent?' I thought, 'what's a honkin' huge tent doing there, in this heat?'

Then I saw the semi-trailer, with it's painted slogans.

Just for an instant, I considered asking for healing for my broken transmission.... Grin
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

derF
[b]Bob of QF wrote: Just for an instant, I considered asking for healing for my broken transmission.... Grin

LOL. Yeah that would have thrown a curve at the evangelist. Unfortunately people can heal all by themselves but cars require a greasy mechanic to obtain those results.

Kallistie
For the lulz, I would have tried to paint it as a challenge and not mockery.

kjbluez
derF wrote:
My sister-in-law, who used to hate me before she split from her husband who was a total fruitcake religious guy, had her convinced that he healed her of a broken ankle by using his magic healing hands.

She had broken her ankle nine years before they got together.

How does that work???? Not only magic healing hands, but time travel as well!

Other members of my wife's family (who hated the guy) used to urge me to get the guy into debates just to watch him squirm. Which is quite surprising, knowing that they are religious as well, they just didn't like his fruitcakiness. (I made a new word!)

Sinny
derF wrote:
[b]Bob of QF wrote: Just for an instant, I considered asking for healing for my broken transmission.... Grin

LOL. Yeah that would have thrown a curve at the evangelist. Unfortunately people can heal all by themselves but cars require a greasy mechanic to obtain those results.

Would you guys believe I overheard a conversation between two women not long ago. One of the two had car trouble and the other said she had to pray a certain prayer for the god to heal the friggin car. I was sitting right next to them when I heard this. Well I tell you my ears all of a sudden became bionic LOL. I listened as best as I could to them as they both proceeded to pray to the lord for her car to be healed and not give her anymore trouble. Apparently she was cursed or maybe her family was and they had to drive out the devil. After that get this...I hear the one who owned the car say I hope the lord will put it in the mechanic to be able to fix the car without costing too much :faint:

Hypatia
So what I want to know is how did you keep from spitting your lunch (or whatever) all over the place when you laughed out loud?

Holy crap. Are people really that dumb, or are they teaching that kind of stuff in church now? :headscratch:

And if the car can't be fixed, the idiot will probably think it's 'god's' will that she buy a new one.

Please 'god', if you're for real, please step on that lady. Thank you.

catman
That would be funny if it were not so tragic. Oh, what the hell, it's funny anyway. Sort of.:sigh:
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: