View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Music Discussions
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Michael Jackson dead.
General-Pryce
Well it had to happen sometime. With all that plastic its a wonder he even had a real heart to have a cardiac arrest in the first place. I'm not really a big Jacko fan, but thought I would post the news.

http://www.guardi...ckson-dies

Maybe I;m being a little too callous. Like I said, wasn't really a fan. His early stuff was awesome, but anything 1990 onwards left me feeling hollow inside.

Hypatia
The pedos dead oh.

Of course his death is a painful loss for his family and children, and he was, after all a human being. He did have talent, though other than 'Thriller' and possibly one or two other things I wasn't really a fan of his work.

Somehow, though, I am relieved his children won't be raised by him anymore, although his family is ubber religious so being raised by any of them will be just a bit better, IMO.

He was rather young to die from a heart attack - seems he lived a rather 'clean' lifestyle, but no doubt must have had plenty of stress.
Edited by Hypatia on 06/25/2009 21:21

sin
I liked his music but always did suspect he was guilty of child molestation. Lets face it most men, especially in hollywood, would admit to being molested by Jackson. Especially when it's believed by most, if not everyone, that when molested as a child they grow up to molest children themselves. The victim becomes the predator later in life. I think IMO that's what happens when the victim doesn't get help, therapy but that's what I think. doesn't make it true.

I care more about Farrah Fawcett's death. She went slow but not without a fight and didn't get to see her son before dyeing or get to see him over come his drug addiction. It would have been nice for her to see him beat that addiction. Almost said "beat it" but that's more like Jackson LOL. Little pun there.

I wonder which one of the two the media will have a frenzie over. Who will they choose over the other like the did with Lady Diana and Mother "fucker" Theresa.

Doubting Thomas
Call me callous, but I really don't care. The guy was a freak with severe mental problems. The only thing I'm going to hate is how we'll have to keep hearing about him for weeks or months to come, just like when Anna Nicole Smith died. I'm just glad I won't have a TV around this weekend.

But I wonder who he left his nose to in his will?
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

RayvenAlandria
I have to agree with everyone here. When I heard the news my thought was "Good, now he won't molest any more children."

About Farrah, people have turned her into some kind of wonderful person in their minds and forget how royally fucked up she and Ryan O'Neil were. He was hauled off to jail at one point for punching her. (Many, many years ago) I also seem to remember that she was an addict, but I may be remembering that wrong. I don't idolize her in the least. I'm sorry she suffered through such pain, but I don't hold any deep respect for her or her family. They were/are typical Hollywood hypocrites. I'm sure Ryan O'Neil will make a fortune off of exploiting her battle with cancer and play the grieving loved one to the hilt.

The news is playing her up as devout Roman Catholic, like she was some kind of saint. I just roll my eyes. I'm not glad she's dead, (like I am that Jacko Whacko is), but I am not deeply saddened by the loss. She's just another sad Hollywood story. I don't get emotionally attached to people I don't know.

Well, I guess that's not 100% true, I cried when I watched Neda die on camera and I cry all the time when I see sad things happen to strangers. Although I cried when I saw the heart tugging news story about Farrah, I also know most of it's hype and I won't be in an overly depressed mood about her death.

derF
I loved the man/child when he was front man for the Jackson Five. His later solo work was spotty. Thriller was awesome. If for no other reason I will miss Michael Jackson as the dancer extraordinaire.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Hypatia
DT wrote:

But I wonder who he left his nose to in his will?

It probably fell off when the EMTs were trying to resuscitate him. Seriously. Maybe that's why he couldn't be revived.

derF wrote:

If for no other reason I will miss Michael Jackson as the dancer extraordinaire.

I can't say I'll miss him, but he was, indeed, an incredible dancer, and singer.
Edited by Hypatia on 06/26/2009 01:45

catman
He was a fabulous dancer and a fair singer, but I wasn't terribly taken with the image he projected. He was all over the map mentally, like many goofy people. I sorta felt sorry for him because he had so much fame from such a young age, which he couldn't handle well (I felt similarly about Elvis). Jacko was a cute and talented little black kid who turned into a freak.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
sin wrote:
I liked his music but always did suspect he was guilty of child molestation. Lets face it most men, especially in hollywood, would admit to being molested by Jackson. Especially when it's believed by most, if not everyone, that when molested as a child they grow up to molest children themselves. The victim becomes the predator later in life. I think IMO that's what happens when the victim doesn't get help, therapy but that's what I think. doesn't make it true.

I care more about Farrah Fawcett's death. She went slow but not without a fight and didn't get to see her son before dyeing or get to see him over come his drug addiction. It would have been nice for her to see him beat that addiction. Almost said "beat it" but that's more like Jackson LOL. Little pun there.

I wonder which one of the two the media will have a frenzie over. Who will they choose over the other like the did with Lady Diana and Mother "fucker" Theresa.

I was never a fan of Farrah, either, but I sure felt for her for what she must have gone through with her fight against the cancer. I was happy for her that she had Ryan with her through it, and her close friends and her family.

It still remains to be seen whether or not her son will beat his addictions or not. IMO he was an extra incredibly selfish little asshole for getting himself into trouble again - risking being put away - while his mother was going through what she was, and not being there with her and for her, and most especially not being there when she died. He deserves every second of what he'll go through in living with that for the rest of his life.

I think there's no doubt about it that the media will make a much bigger frenzy over Jacko's death, which really pisses me off. Not that it would really matter to me, but considering the battle Farrah fought for her life, that's the difference it does make to me.

I think I'm almost pissed at Michael Jackson for dying on the same day Farrah Fawcett did, because it's like he stole her thunder - and of course realistically I know he couldn't help it!! lol. But still...

After all those times MJ seemed to 'fake' it with being ill when he was going to court, now he's bit the dust, and I do feel bad for him, and his family. But certainly no more than I would for any other celebrity, and actually even less, because I've always fully believed he was guilty of either molesting or inappropriate sexual relations with the children he was accused of having said with, even though not found guilty in court. Just MO, but I definitely believe it, and have been mortified that he's had children and been living with them.

catman
Hypatia: I agree completely. I have much more respect for Farrah than for Michael Jackson. It's too bad in a way that MJ died on the same day, but on the other hand, it takes some of the glare of the media away from Ryan O'Neal and her friends & family, which they may well appreciate.
Edited by catman on 06/26/2009 02:06
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
Jackson dead at, what...50?

Proof that sleeping in a hyper-oxygen tent does not extend one's life.

Sadly, most people already knew that.

As for Farrah? I'm sad for her, that she struggled for so long, in pain. At least she's not in pain any longer.

I mostly remember her in the TV show Charlie's Angels. As I recall, that was pretty much it for her, career wise. A couple of grade-D* movies, and nothing much else.

As for Jackson? Never liked his style. Don't own a single album or single he ever produced. Saw the video Thriller once that I recall, and was not that impressed. Rather struck me as egomania...

In truth, I ain't gonna miss either one.
______

* but I suppose that's pretty good for a grade-F actor.... Wink
Edited by Bob of QF on 06/26/2009 16:26
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

sin
Grade D Movies!?! what! Did you watch "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities", "Between Two Women" and "Small Sacrifices" ?

It looks like you either forgot these or just never saw them. I suggest renting them and see just how good she really was which was much better than she got credit for.

I'm sad for her but I won't go around missing her and I give her some credit for taking a type of cancer that people are so afraid to talk about. It's something to be ashamed about just because it's in the rectum and it does kill a lot of people. Keeping it quiet and secretive is part of the reason it kills so many. Most people don't think to get that part of their body checked when it's more important than they realise

catman
sin: I agree. She received critical acclaim for those movies, especially The Burning Bed. That one was about as far from a Charlie's Angel as one could get! She wasn't just good-looking.

derF
sin wrote:
Grade D Movies!?! what! Did you watch "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities", "Between Two Women" and "Small Sacrifices" ?

It looks like you either forgot these or just never saw them. I suggest renting them and see just how good she really was which was much better than she got credit for.

Hee, hee, hee. Sic em, Sin !

sin
Well I sure did DerF but....

The thing that got me was in her documentary "Farrah's Story" and a clip I saw with O'Neal both of them at one point did the catholic crossing of themselves. Now I ask you all why did they bother to do that when they obviously didn't practice being catholic or obey their god. they didn't fear it or worship by the way they lived.

They lived together in sin according to their god and religion. They probably didn't even bother to go to church until she got sick yet when she did all of a sudden the god is worth talking to, about and crossing themselves like they were blessing themselves for the god. Well they'd have to since the god isn't around to do any blessing for them LOL. It urks the crap out of me when I see catholics pretending to be catholics. If you're catholic then be catholic not a half ass wanna be catholic after being sick and living the way they want what hypocrites! Not that I think it's right to be catholic and live by all the stupid man made rituals but sheesh at least make an attempt to be a real one.

Bob of QF
sin wrote:

I'm sad for her but I won't go around missing her and I give her some credit for taking a type of cancer that people are so afraid to talk about. It's something to be ashamed about just because it's in the rectum and it does kill a lot of people. Keeping it quiet and secretive is part of the reason it kills so many. Most people don't think to get that part of their body checked when it's more important than they realise

Seen bits and pieces. I stand by my claim of Grade-F actress. If the role she was "acting" in did not include aspects of her personality, she did not do well.

Not unlike Arnold, Stalone and others; no range.

As for the whole movie? Not my cuppa.....

Bob of QF
sin wrote:
Well I sure did DerF but....

The thing that got me was in her documentary "Farrah's Story" and a clip I saw with O'Neal both of them at one point did the catholic crossing of themselves. Now I ask you all why did they bother to do that when they obviously didn't practice being catholic or obey their god. they didn't fear it or worship by the way they lived.

They lived together in sin according to their god and religion. They probably didn't even bother to go to church until she got sick yet when she did all of a sudden the god is worth talking to, about and crossing themselves like they were blessing themselves for the god. Well they'd have to since the god isn't around to do any blessing for them LOL. It urks the crap out of me when I see catholics pretending to be catholics. If you're catholic then be catholic not a half ass wanna be catholic after being sick and living the way they want what hypocrites! Not that I think it's right to be catholic and live by all the stupid man made rituals but sheesh at least make an attempt to be a real one.

I dunno. Some folk take comfort in the ritual, the pomp & circumstance without buying into the supernatural bullshit.

It's a form of group identity, not unlike Judaism.

I'd take such a Catholic any day over the idiots who think the pope literally speaks the words of god...

derF
Boy that Michael Jackson sure could dance! Couldn't he?

sin
Well Bob it might not have been your cup of tea but that doesn't mean her acting should be downgraded. Just because you don't like the show doesn't always mean blame the the actor. An actor can do a great/good job but the viewer may not like the program simply because it's not what interests them but why blame the actor. There are lots of programs/movies I've seen with really good actors but he program/movie sucked. I noticed you didn't choose other female actors to compare her to, interesting.

As far as taking the non practicing catholics over the nutters who idolize and practically worship the Pope instead of the supposed god... Nope not me here's why they are still hypocrites and they still promote catholicism. Even the non practicing donate money and almost always send their children to the catholic church and sometimes School at least in the younger years. So they are just as bad only in a more quiet way in society....still they do participate in promoting, supporting it and keep it running for the next generation with their children and support. I know people who aren't practicing catholics yet they still donate money for one reason or another and still go through the usual communion, etc. with their kids.

sin
Yeah he practiced all the time. His moves were part of his unique act that no one could imitate though many try and for a lack of a better word his moves were Egyptian style. It was his goal to outdo his siblings. He really wanted stardom more than anything. I liked his music but not all of his videos. Especially the video where he's wrapped up by some angel in the end. It's like an admittance to what he did, sort of, with the child molestation accusations just my impression, could be taken another way. For someone who claims to be a peter pan that never really grew up to reach adulthood/maturity he sure did look and act like a man in his moves in his videos. Someone with a peter pan syndrome wouldn't be able to do some of the suggestive moves he did.
Edited by sin on 06/28/2009 01:52

Jump to Forum: