View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Medicine
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
World Wide Health Care
derF
I, for one, am not going to sit on the sidelines watching and hoping. Was a soldier much too long to do that.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

sin
put it on a smaller scale the more who participate or pay taxes the lower it will be cept we have a lot of illegal aliens not paying into it and getting emergency care. Well from what I'm told. Did we say it would be cheaper to have recycling and yet now we find it's more expensice to have recycling. I think it would be cheaper for all of us if paid through our taxes so long as it's distributed evenly or at least the rich pay more into it. We know that won't happen. It's still a lot better than people not being covered.

Sinny
I just couldn't stop the tears from coming down my face. I still believe in the right to die when a person is ready and it should absolutely be between patient and doctor not the Government nor the the big fat Insurance Companies who don't give a rats flying ass about human beings.

#1 An American Cry for Help:

http://www.msnbc..../#35572842
Edited by Sinny on 02/24/2010 21:58

catman
I watch Olbermann frequently, but I missed that one. Thanks for the link. It was magnificent.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

JohnH
I just got through watching the Olbermann show. I cried myself. I came close to killing my mother when she was far gone into alzheimer's. I fully understand the emotions the man is going through.

I am glad this has been brought up again. America feels no responsibility for its own citizens. The rest of the world looks at us and shakes its head about how we deal with each other.

We have no shame.

Sinny
JohnH wrote:
I just got through watching the Olbermann show. I cried myself. I came close to killing my mother when she was far gone into alzheimer's. I fully understand the emotions the man is going through.

I am glad this has been brought up again. America feels no responsibility for its own citizens. The rest of the world looks at us and shakes its head about how we deal with each other.

We have no shame.

The rich, spoiled and healthy have no shame John. If I made $100,000.00 a year I'd be glad to to have a percentage of my salary taken out for health care. The only thing I truly don't want is what Massachusetts has where people are forced to have insurance many can't afford to pay the premiums on to keep it. Medicare would be better if Doctors weren't allowed to over charge for their services. I had an eye Dr. who used to take everyone then later switched to only Senior Citizens on Medicare so she could get more money.

Sinny
This is kind of long but I wanted to share this in case anyone here wanted to read and see it. Some of us might not have been able to watch it in TV Thursday.

http://www.huffin...73945.html

Hypatia
Sinny wrote:
I just couldn't stop the tears from coming down my face. I still believe in the right to die when a person is ready and it should absolutely be between patient and doctor not the Government nor the the big fat Insurance Companies who don't give a rats flying ass about human beings.

#1 An American Cry for Help:

http://www.msnbc..../#35572842

Yeah, that really got to me too. I wonder if, coming from Olbermann, it would have as much impact than from an 'average' citizen on someone like Palin. I can't picture even this getting through to her.

seeker
Hypatia wrote:

Yeah, that really got to me too. I wonder if, coming from Olbermann, it would have as much impact than from an 'average' citizen on someone like Palin. I can't picture even this getting through to her.

To people like Palin its 'gawd's will'

Jump to Forum: