View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Eclipse portends doom
Doubting Thomas
http://news.yahoo...perstition

Pregnant women are advised to stay indoors to prevent their babies developing birth defects, while prayers, fasting and ritual bathing, particularly in holy rivers, are encouraged.

LOL!!!! IT'S JUST A FREAKING ECLIPSE YOU MORONS!!!!! COME JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY!!!!
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

derF
Evil god of darkness swallow sun! Make Earth sterile. Penis shrivel and fall off! Bad mo jo!
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Hypatia
Screwy idiots. What, I wonder, do they think the chances are that 'something' will happen - some kind of violence, continuation of wars already in motion, etc., if this eclipse didn't happen? Would they think everything would be alright if it didn't? No violence would happen, any where? The wars would stop, or at least certainly no others would start?

What stupid, stupid people. Let's see what they have to say Thursday.

'Oh, sorry. Not this total solar eclipse, but the next one. That's the bad one. We miscalculated.'

Doubting Thomas
I watched video on the news of people bathing in the filthy Ganjes River to prevent bad luck, evil, or whatever from happening due to the eclipse. For those of you who don't know, Indians regularly send their dead loved ones downstream in the Ganjes, and it's a very polluted river. So, the bad luck is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, because superstitious idiots say that the eclipse will bring bad luck and to bathe in the river, so many people bathe in the river and will likely pick up infections/disease because of it, and what do you know? Bad luck because of the eclipse.

Frankly I think it would be really neat to see a total solar eclipse. We won't have one in the US until 2016 or so. Can't remember the exact date.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
I'd like to see one too.

Like you, DT, I too figure there will be ways this turns out to have 'self-fulfilling' prophecy aspects. It's a no-win situation.

Sigh...

Jump to Forum: