View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GILHANEY HAS SURFACED!!!!
schmoo
He's over at the Atheist Alliance site, as Max!

I was so relieved to hear from him, I was kinda worried about him!

Skeeve
Thats great! Maybe he'll wander over here sometime in the near future.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
I saw a post from him to the effect that he intents to come over
Edited by seeker on 08/12/2008 14:36

RayvenAlandria
AWESOME!!!!!

I am so happy to know he's okay. Tell him to get his arse over here.

How old is he now? I guess we can't think of him as our little bear cub anymore, he's all growed up.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 08/12/2008 13:55

catman
Yeah, I noticed he was at AtheistsAlliance too. It's great! I'm glad he's OK.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Max
He is come.

Skeeve
Gilhaney!!! Welcome bro...long time no see!!
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
Yeah, "Max", good to see a resurfacing here.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Hya Gill. Good to see you again. What's wth the new name? Neil

RayvenAlandria
GIL!! or rather, Max!!!

I guess I should stop calling you Gilhaney or new people won't know what I'm talking about.

I'm so glad to see you again!!Grin

*hugs*

seeker
Hey Max, have you heard Gilhaney has resurfaced?

comfortable
schmoo wrote:
He's over at the Atheist Alliance site, as Max!

I was so relieved to hear from him, I was kinda worried about him!

Coincidentally - I wuz thinkin' "Whatever happened to Gilhaney?" this morning, the 22th of August, in the shower.

Why does it matter that I was in the shower? It doesn't.

CD's crashed server resulted in my drifting over here - and Lo n' Behold (as the bible says, I think) There's a thread about him showing up.

God musta crashed the hard drive so's I'd find out about it. Ya think?

Does he still tickle Chinese girls in his fantasies? I wonder how much he watched the Olympics?
Wait - I'll ask him. Hex Max, I tickle my oriental girl of 33 years (well, whenever she lets me) - but mostly we just play ping pong these days (for real). How's about you?
Edited by comfortable on 08/22/2008 11:37
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Hypatia
Hi Max. Glad to see you've made it to our yet even newer home.

Max
Well, I had gotten a little tired of the name Gilhaney, as I haven't read The Third Policeman since junior high, so I decided to go with my real name. I could've tried to use another interesting name from a book I like, but I thought Max would be easier than something like Muad Dib.

I have been well, mostly occupied with school and studying. I think I mentioned elsewhere that I became fascinated by language and linguistics, probably from reading Lord of the Rings so much as a kid. I'm currently taking personal interest classes,(two languages at the moment, but I want to learn far more)but I'm going to be taking the General Education classes to try and get my Associates Degree to transfer to a four year college. My main goal now is a Bachelor's degree, because I want to travel, and having one makes it easier. I love learning languages, it's almost like a drug addiction for me.

I forget quite often that it has been a while since I posted here regularly, so most of you probably remember me as the insecure, whiny sixteen year old. To my relief(and yours I'm sure)I have calmed down quite a bit and am not as immature and closed minded as I once was. I still often check the site, but I don't usually find things to post about.

Comfortable, I haven't watched the olympics no. I heard about the opening ceremony from a friend, but I didn't really feel I could watch it seriously. It just seemed to me like an ultra nationalistic pomp fest. Though I can certainly appreciate the performances of the athletes, I often listen to coverage of it on NPR.
I also notice that my bizzarre old rantings haven't been forgotten by some. My god I was quite the weird little thing.

But let me ask, how has everyone else been? Haven't heard from you all in a while.
Edited by Max on 08/23/2008 01:44

Max
Testing out the avatar...

Can't seem to get it to appear. But again, how are you all?
Edited by Max on 08/23/2008 01:52

catman
I couldn't figure out how to import any of my avatars either, although some more computer-literate folks have. But there are scads of cool avatars in the Avatar Gallery, and they are super-easy to access.

I'm fair to partly cloudy, I suppose.;kittyball; How are you doin'?
Edited by catman on 08/23/2008 01:57

neilmarr
Your plans sound exciting, Max. Go luck with everything. Neil

RayvenAlandria
You were not weird Max, you were a great kid.

I'm glad to see you're doing well. Good luck with your endeavors.

If you can't get an avatar to upload you can look through our folders and find one. I created a ton of really neat ones, look under avatar gallery, and then chose the different folders in the drop down menu. Mine are under Rayven's folder..duh.

Jump to Forum: